We will identify whether your property is suffering from rising damp or penetrating damp and offer the right treatment. Visible signs of rising damp include:
- Damp walls
- Damaged plaster & Rotting skirting boards,
- Localised dampness usually below 1 metre above ground level
The main causes of rising damp are:
- Failure of an existing damp proof course.
- High external ground bridging an existing damp proof course.
- Internal plaster bridging an existing damp proof course.
- Bridging of a damp proof course due to rubble inside a cavity wall.
- Condensation at the base of a wall due to poor air circulation.
- Leaking water pipes at the base of a wall.
Signs of penetrating damp include:
- Damp in walls.
- Damaged plaster & damp paint.
- Damp patches at any level
The main causes of penetrating damp are:
- Defective roof covering.
- Damaged guttering and downpipes.
- Cracked brickwork.
- Badly fitting windows and door frames.
- When the external ground touching the wall is above the internal floor level.